PaleoWorks and the PaleoWorks Challenge have withdrawn all support and promotion of the ‘change 4 life‘ scheme due to their financial association, business and professional relationships with processed food manufacturers, in particular Coca-Cola, Mars, Kraft, Nestle and PepsiCo. PaleoWorks wish it to be known that we were never made aware of these associations and so cannot be held responsible. Further to this PaleoWorks wish it also to be known that despite several requests to quantify the ‘Change 4 Life’ model and provide justification for the dietary advice given, including requests to consider more beneficial alternatives, to date PaleoWorks has received no response.
In light of this and the above matter PaleoWorks will cease all promotional activity and association with ‘change 4 life’ the change 4 life scheme, its partners and supporters with immediate effect.
- Jamies Oliver’s TED prize talk (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- Government obesity panel quietly abolished (telegraph.co.uk)
- Quote of the Day – Michael Pollan (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- Post of the Day – What is Paleo? (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- The Original Full English: Breakfast For A Caveman (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- The Temptation of Eve (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- The Paleo Diet: What it Is and Why it Works (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- Why Paleo? (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
It’s a sad fact that the majority of people in the UK are obtaining their foods from boxes, cartons and packages (manufactured, artificially modified ‘food’) as a result they become addicted to sugar without even knowing it. As with all addictions people don’t like to admit they have a problem because this in turn means they need to do something about it. There is no getting away from the fact that Sugar is at the heart of not just the obesity pandemics but also many chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, alzheimers, depression, GERD, leaky gut, autoimmune etc. the list goes on and on.
Consuming a diet based on nutrient dense plants and animals is the way the rest of the animal kingdom eats and thus ought to be the way we all eat (including our pets and livestock). We have been misled now for almost 40 years with crap about low fat and reducing calorific intake, why? well there is no scientific reason whatsoever. Political or commercial? Maybe but we’re only concerned with resolving the obesity issue and not interested in pointing the finger of blame.
“All we need to concern ourselves with is that this is the diet of choice for longevity, performance, to combat illness, weight loss and avoid all those nasty degenerative diseases. Stoneage, Caveman call it what you like, what is not in question is Paleo-works”
Mike Oliver – PaleoWorks
- Energy In and Energy Out (paleoworks.wordpress.com)
- Obesity expert: Sugar is toxic and should be regulated (newscientist.com)
- Native Family Turns to Its Roots to Combat Poor Health and Food Addiction (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)