Paleo Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake is one of the best things in the world ever, so we understand why many people may consider it a step too far to have no more chocolate cake at birthdays and other celebrations. But no fear! Mum has developed a healthy solution that won’t kill you. As it was her birthday on Friday, my mum set to and created an ingenious recipe we now call Paleo Works ‘Choco’ Heaven that is even better than normal chocolate cake! This is because it’s not made with bad stuff like ordinary chocolate cake is. I even ate some of the mixture before it went in the tin, you see you can, it’s not a problem, Paleo Chocolate Cake is actually good for you! So here we go, I will share this cake with you but I will warn you it’s not for the (chocolate) faint-hearted!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil and a bit extra for greasing dish
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (free range)
- handful of dark chocolate chunks (Cocoa >72%)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a glass dish with coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients together then set aside (sift the cocoa powder and baking powder)
- Whisk eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla and honey together
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix until combined
- Pour into pan, add chocolate chunks and cook for 25-30 mins
- Leave to cool then enjoy!
Having had previous experiences with Paleo Cakes, I would say that this is definitely up there with the best I have ever tasted! Hopefully we will be making this again very soon!
Posted on March 17, 2012, in Caveman Diet, Paleo Diet, Paleo Recipes and tagged Caveman Diet, Chocolate Cake, Coconut oil, Healthy Cake, Paleo Cake, Paleo Diet, Paleolithic Diet, Stoneage Diet, Types of chocolate. Bookmark the permalink. 23 Comments.